O'Keefe & Merritt Parts Needed

Old 08-08-04, 07:23 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy O'Keefe & Merritt Parts Needed

Howdy All,

I need some help with getting parts for our (I suspect) 1973 model O'Keefe & Merritt wall mount double ovens.

We just bought our well used mobile home and both oven doors need gaskets. I can't find ANY information on O'Keefe & Merritt and I don't know who bought them out so I can check that brand instead.

This is a Model 3-8375, Part #1-7533-30-021, Ser. # 0330.

Any and all suggestions (aside from replacing the whole thing) will be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 08-10-04, 07:56 PM
Doc Electric
Visiting Guest
OLDER wall oven parts

Just do a search for your oven's brand name and you should find several places to buy parts from. I just did a google search and found a ton of them. Just have your model no. handy. Doug

Old 08-10-04, 09:30 PM
T
Wink Thanks anyway

Doug,
Thanks for your suggestion but I was already way beyond doing the Google thing before I posted here. You are correct, there are thousands of places to get appliance parts but almost all that I checked didn't list O&M as supported lines, even though Google sent me there based on an O'keefe & Merritt inquiry. The few that DID indicate they had O&M parts did not recognize the model number of our oven.

Remember, as I said in my original post, this is a 1970's vintage oven.

Again, if you or anyone reading this knows who absorbed/merged/bought out O&M, please let me know so I can search under those brand names.

One more thing, I won't name names, but the two places I found on Google that claimed they had parts for EVERYTHING both greeted my inquiry with "Oh, we don't carry parts for anything THAT old".

Old 08-11-04, 10:28 AM
otiscampbell
Visiting Guest
O/M parts

O & M was merged with what has become Frigidaire/Electrolux Home Products.
You can get parts from them. However, your model number is not correct. I don't know where you got that number from, but it is not an O & M model number.
A built in wall oven from that era would be like this : 11-6361-30/123

Otis

Old 08-11-04, 06:01 PM
T
Smile

Otis,
Many, many thanks. That's just exactly the kind of info I was seeking. Using the sample Model number you gave, I rechecked what I had. Turns out I had missed a digit and misread the very difficult to read tag.

Adding the missing 7 to the Part # mentioned in my original message and then combining what I thought was the Model # yields the following, complete, Model #1-7533-30-02173-8375 which is kind of similar to the sample you offered. Does this look like a good model number now? I notice that the first hyphen in your sample is preceded by 2 digits whereas mine has only one.

BTW, what I need right now are door gaskets/seals, just in case you have a parts manual.

Again, Thanks for you help with both the Model # AND the lineage.

Dick

Old 08-11-04, 09:31 PM
otiscampbell
Visiting Guest
model #

My current parts data only goes back 15 years.
Yes, you need two digits to start the model number. The first 2 digits would be 11 if it were an electric oven, or 12 if it were a gas oven. The rest of your numbers are legit. (I used to work for O & M)
If you are in the states, Electrolux's parts number is 800 599 7569. They can look up the part for you.

Old 08-12-04, 06:36 AM
T
Thumbs up Thanks Again!

Otis,
Many thanks again. One more question - because I didn't mention this in my previous posts.

Does the 11 still apply if it's a double oven?

Dick

Old 08-12-04, 06:44 PM
otiscampbell
Visiting Guest
gaskets

Yes, 11 is correct.
Most ovens from that time period used a grey rubber door seal that was held in place with flat metal bands that fit into slots/holes at each end of the seal. If that is the one you have, the replacement rubber part number is 647M001D00. The metal retainers themselves are no longer available.

Old 08-13-04, 02:26 AM
T
Lightbulb Wow! great info

Otis,
What a great resource you are! That's EXACTLY the information I need. The fact that the metal bands are not available is depressing because the top oven doesn't have the long one that goes across the top of the opening. Since my wife has a bad (five operations) back, I'll probably transfer the one from the bottom oven to the top because it's much easier for her to work with. Besides it's the one with the broiler element.

I'll search for the part number you gave and see what I can find.

Again, thanks so much for all your help.

Dick

Old 08-23-04, 01:57 AM
T
Thumbs up Otis - which way is correct

Hi Again,

Thanks to your help with the Model number I have been able to find some seals that seem to work.

For anyone else that might have the same problem, they are Supco Stretch Gasket DG XX20 where the XX indicates the length. I did have to drill a couple of holes in the face of the oven frame because the stretch gaskets did not come in the precise lengths I needed. (DIY, right)

The reason I'm in need of your help again is that the old seals were damaged so bad (and I'm not sure if they were properly installed anyway) that I can't tell what the direction the opening of the seals should be.

The seals are, let's say, in the shape of a "V". Should the point of the "V" point toward the inside of the oven or toward the outside? I can conceive arguments for either direction but, with your experience, I'm hoping you can tell me which direction they faced when they left the factory those many, many years ago.

Changing the direction will be, literally, a snap if I don't have them properly positioned now.

Thanks again for your help.

Dick

Old 01-23-13, 11:24 AM
D
O' Keefe & Merritt 1977 Wall Oven #'s 6213-11-26-061 serial 8615-5337-G4

Gentlemen:
I too have the old O' Keefe & Merritt wall oven and I am having trouble with the temperature being off about 50 degrees. Is it the sensor located at the top right? Or something else?

I also need to replace the seals around the door.

Wrote down all the numbers on the metal plate from left side of oven door. Don't know what all of them mean.

part orders 6213 model 11-26-061 serial 8615- ? 5337-G4

This is a 1977 mobilehome also.

The Electrolux 800-599-7569 I assume it is a telephone number.

Did anyone find Manuals out there?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Glenda

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: