GE Dishwasher problems

Old 09-09-04, 07:18 PM
TheManleysTX
Visiting Guest
Question GE Dishwasher problems

We have a GE Potscrubber 1200 dishwasher...I have no idea how old it is. THe other day I noticed that it had not drained completely (or so I thought) after the last load. I emptied it and ran a cycle and it seemed fine.

This afternoon I noticed that the floor in front of it was wet again. I have not run a load since the other day and there was no water in it then. When I opened the door today, the bottom was filled with water again. I drained it again and checked it and there is a little water in the bottom again. The sink is not backed up..it is draining fine as far as I can tell...and the water in the dishwasher is clean...not cloudy and no food or anything else in it. I have rinsed dishes off in the sink and ran the water in it but it seems to drain fine.

Anyone have an idea as to what we can check next to see what is up?? Any help will be greatly appreciated...I am hoping we don't need a plumber or repairman..or worse yet...a new dishwasher!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-04, 07:38 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The fill valve is leaking and needs to be cleaned or replaced. Start by turning off the water immediately. Then, turn off power (or unplug the dishwasher), remove the bottom panel and find the valve module. It's the thing that connects to the water hose and has wires coming out of it. Disconnect and remove the module. There are probably mineral deposits keeping it from closing fully. You can try running some vinegar through it to dissolve them or you can call GE and order a replacement (probably the best choice). You'll need the full model number when you call 1-877-959-8688. If you would rather, you can place a service call by calling 1-800-848-7620.

Doug M.

Old 09-10-04, 11:24 AM
TheManleysTX
Visiting Guest
GE Dishwasher Problems

Thanks...after searching around on here for awhile..we sort of thought it may be the valve. Hearing it come from some one else confirms it for us. We will turn the water off until we fix it this weekend....I was just checking it and draining the dishwasher when it had the water in it. Luckily it is leaking very slowly so we must have caught it early.

Thanks for the reply!!!!!