new dryer makes noise when turned on

Old 10-03-04, 11:46 AM
tbrown
Visiting Guest
Question new dryer makes noise when turned on

We just bought a new Whirlpool dryer. It works okay, but makes a grinding noise when you push the on button. It is a brief noise, but I am wondering if I hooked something up wrong or if there is something wrong with the dryer.

Old 10-03-04, 05:00 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello T.Brown and Welcome to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

I can almost certainly assure you the installation was not the result of the noise. Nor would I suggest you attempt any repairs on your own, since the machine is new.

A new machine is covered by a warranty. Any attempts by you could void that new product warranty. Best suggestion would be to call the serving agent for the brand or call the manufacturers provided number found in the owners manual.

The grinding noise may be caused by the motor or an internal part the drum rotates on, etc. Best left to a pro to determine and fix under warranty.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list of current questions automatically.

Helping Out Here Too.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.
Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 10-05-04, 08:00 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One other thougth: Check for packing material and/or tape in or around the drum and lint filter. You might also check the manual under installation and see if they point you to any other areas where there might be packing material.

Doug M.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: