Jenn Air dishwasher leak

Old 10-09-04, 04:46 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Jenn Air dishwasher leak

Hello, I have a Jenn Air Ultra Quiet dishwasher model # dw860a which has a small leak under the unit which appears coming from a thin white plastic cover (shroud) under a small plastic cylinder aprox. 5 1/2 inches tall which is located in the tub itself on the lower right side. I do not know what this piece is called, there are no water lines coming or going from this piece that I can see or feel, I thought it may be the fill valve, but there is also a cylinder on the lower left side of the tub so now I am confused. I have heard the term "air gap or cap". How would I remove the part to check for debri if in fact it is a check valve of some sort. I have looked inside on the cylinder to see if there is a cap or something simple to remove to inspect but cannot find. Can anyone help. As always, thanks in advance

Old 10-09-04, 08:24 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: maymay

Not sure either what the part you describe might be. However, you may determine what it is by checking the Jenn Air appliance web site. Use the google search web site to locat the site or use this one.

Maytag Appliance Home Page:
http://www.maytag.com (Copy & Repaste Link Into Browser)

Maytag is the maker of Jenn-Air Appliances.
Calling them may help too.
Maytag 1-800-688-9900 USA
Maytag 1-800-688-2002 Canada

Dishwasher help sticky note, in this forum topic, may also have some help information

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance part stores and parts dealers are listed in the phone book.

Check back on your question several more times. Other members posting replies in this forum topic may offer you additional advice, ideas and or repair methods.

Helping Out Here Too.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.
Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: