Roper Dryer Noisy

Old 10-09-04, 05:27 PM
jpind
Visiting Guest
Roper Dryer Noisy

I have a 7 yr old Roper Dryer, model #REL4632DW1. I have replaced the motor and now it is very noisy. When I replaced the motor, the back retaining clip was not snug, but the frount one fit perfect. The noise is probably coming from the fan blade hiting the housing, but I can see no way to adjust the fan. Could I have positioned the motor incorrectly?
Thanks for the help.
jpind

Old 10-11-04, 01:05 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: jpind. Welcome to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Very possible the fan blower is coming into contact with the blower housing. Most of the fan blower cages are made of plastic. The center mounting hole becomes out of round and causes the fan to wobble or the retaining clip hold fan onto motor shaft becomes loose. Try tightening holding screw or replacing clip and or closely inspecting how these two parts are connected.

Read the manufacturers online web site for additional product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, downloadable repair and or owners manuals, which may be available online.

Search the manufacturers web site for a downloadable version of the owners or service manual. The file will be a pdf file opened with Adobe, which also needs to be downloaded first but worth having once obtained.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance part stores and parts dealers are listed in the phone book.

Check back on your question several more times. Other members posting replies in this forum topic may offer you additional advice, ideas and or repair methods.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list of current questions automatically.

Helping Out Here Too.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.
Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
Always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, connection and or repairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: