Kenmore Electric Range Temperature adjustment

Old 11-17-04, 12:32 PM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Question Kenmore Electric Range Termostat adjustment

Hello Everyone, I am back after many days away from the DIY forum venturing on my own, but once again I find the need to ask for help. We bought a new Kenmore Electric Range, model 790.9231. In the Q&A sheet it states that you can adjust the temperature of the oven by rading the owners manual. I have read it cover to cover and it does not give directions on how to adjust the temperature that is factory set at least 20 degrees off at 375. Can someone provide the instructions to increase this oven temp. I understand the principals and don't want to have to take a day off waiting for a SEARs Tech to come out and also would like to know so I can make changes in the future should I need to.

Thanks for the help

Doug

Last edited by Money Pitt; 12-03-04 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Trying to get a reply
Old 11-23-04, 12:24 PM
M
Kenmore Elec Range Temp Ajustment Help

Can anyone help with this listed issue? Turkey day is coming fast.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Money Pitt
Hello Everyone, I am back after many days away from the DIY forum venturing on my own, but once again I find the need to ask for help. We bought a new Kenmore Electric Range, model 790.9231. In the Q&A sheet it states that you can adjust the temperature of the oven by rading the owners manual. I have read it cover to cover and it does not give directions on how to adjust the temperature that is factory set at least 20 degrees off at 375. Can someone provide the instructions to increase this oven temp. I understand the principals and don't want to have to take a day off waiting for a SEARs Tech to come out and also would like to know so I can make changes in the future should I need to.

Thanks for the help

Doug

Old 12-03-04, 01:23 PM
M
Please anyone with knowledge! I need a reply. My work hours makes it very dificult to get service out and I know I can make the setting change if I was given the instructions

Thanks,

Doug

Old 12-04-04, 03:01 PM
K.Gomes
Visiting Guest
If you say its 20 degrees off, just move the knob 20 ahead! i cant realy help you on that one. But check applianceaid.com

Old 12-04-04, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is the link K.Gomes was speaking of

http://www.applianceaid.com/temp-change.html

I realize Thanksgiving day has come and gone, if you haven't gotten it fixed yet this may help for Christmas.
Good luck and post back

Old 12-08-04, 12:16 PM
M
Thanks

Thanks everyone. I was manually guessing what I should set the oven on for the correct cooking temp, but the wife {the great cook she is} was just confused as to whether she should add or subtract degrees. I used the link and adjusted the temp by 10 degrees and as long as I continue to do most of the cooking everything has become eatable again. I will now enroll the wife in cooking class 101A again

Thanks again,

Doug

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: