old whirlpool d/w comatose

Old 11-18-04, 07:25 AM
pug_the_peasant
Visiting Guest
old whirlpool d/w comatose

Hello to all.I have a question,i think I know the answer,but,thinking can be a dangerous thing sometimes.I have a whirlpool dishwasher from 1984.It has been working fine until last night.It still has power,but the selector switch does not seem to work correctly.I kind of pulled the knob out harder than normal,the washer started for a moment until I let go of the knob.Now , nothing.If it is indeed the selector switch inside,what is the proper name for this?Thank you and have a great day

Old 11-19-04, 02:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Sounds like you broke the wafer inside the selector switch . this is a plastic os composite part that carries the contacts. Most likely easier to buy a new machine than find this part. Sorry.

Old 11-19-04, 02:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Sounds like you broke the wafer inside the selector switch . this is a plastic or composite part that carries the contacts. Most likely easier to buy a new machine than find this part. Sorry.

Old 11-19-04, 01:15 PM
robert trimmell
Visiting Guest
Wink

Hi, type in wirlpool dishwasher in your compter and up will come a site that says parts. In the window type in the model and up will come every part with the names. The switch can be replaced. You can order on line or call your local applience parts dealer in the yellow pages.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: