Refrigerator Light

Old 12-09-04, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Refrigerator Light

Light blew out last night, I replaced it with several different 60 watt bulbs and none of them work, so I figure it's the socket. The fridge is a 5 year old Maytag performa, is runs great except for the light. Anyone have an idea what the problem could be, or can point me in the direction of a good book/link that could help me with this.

Thanks Kevin

Old 12-10-04, 01:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Hi Kevin,
the only things that can cause this are the socket and the door switch. With the fridge unplugged, try pulling the tab in the middle of the socket out a little. If that ain't it, try jiggling the door switch to see if it's sticking in the 'off' position.

Old 12-10-04, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by nomind
Hi Kevin,
the only things that can cause this are the socket and the door switch. With the fridge unplugged, try pulling the tab in the middle of the socket out a little. If that ain't it, try jiggling the door switch to see if it's sticking in the 'off' position.
Thanks Nomind, you the man, great advice, it was the tab. It could not have come at a better time because the kitchen ceiling fan/light went out yesterday and I had to make a sandwich in a dark kitchen with no lights except for a rayovac headlamp. TGIF

Old 12-11-04, 02:19 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Thanks Kevin - it's good to hear it turned out well,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: