Need washer / dryer help

Old 12-18-04, 01:57 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need washer / dryer help

All: I think my washing machine is starting to _ _ it the bed here. I inherited it about 10 yrs ago and it was used then. Sometimes in spin cycle it is wicked loud! Sounds like a semi engine at high RPM. And lately it is having a hard time to spin the water (in spin cycles) from blankets (even if I only have 1 blanket and 2 or 3 small crib sheets/blankets in it. PLUS, I think it may be eating electrcity something fierce. Here is my question:

I want to be proactive and spec out a washer and am looking for a washer with energystar or similar rating and will work well for my family. (Soon to be a 2nd child) for a total of 4. I do not need some digital fancy thing but rather a great bang for the buck and save energy. It is in the basement so I care not about SS or cool looking, etc.

Please point me in the right direction for what to look for. How many # of cycles is decent, What capacity for my family and maybe a minimum energystar rating. Thanks all: e3

Old 12-19-04, 05:00 AM
bigjohn1
Visiting Guest
Look for a large capacity Kenmore washer/dryer set on sale at Sears. Make sure the washer is a TOP loader. Get the non-electronic models with electromechanical controls, and NOT the electronic controls.They are made by Whirlpool; the designs have been around for decades [mid 80's on the washer, mid 60's on the dryer]. Parts are readily available, inexpensive, and all techs work on them every day so you can call your local guy for repairs down the road. IMHO, they are the best value out there for the laundry room. Did you know that Whirlpool designed washers and dryers are in about 55% of all laundry rooms across the USA? The Whirlpool, Kenmore, Roper, In-Sink-Erator, and Kitchenaid washers/dryers are essentially all the same machines.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: