kenmore series 90 washer worth fixing?

Old 12-26-04, 04:18 PM
ed_b
Visiting Guest
kenmore series 90 washer worth fixing?

We had a 25 yr. old kenmore hd series 80 washer (72983100 - belt driven) that quit immediately when something heavy was put into in a spin cycle (no other cycle was used). The motor hums faintly when switched on to any cycle position).

I picked up a series 90 (110.26902690) for 10$ *as is* w/o a pump. When I brought it home and plugged it in all it did was give a motor hum in certain cyle positions (not all). I was hoping I would get a strong motor response and then buy a pump. The bushing (rubber cover) behind the motor is also worn.

Is either worth repairing? I am not familiar with how these washers work but if tinkering will give anymore needed info I can certainly do that.

thanks

Old 12-28-04, 02:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Ed,
- in both cases, I would check the motor start switch. First UNPLUG the machine, now mark and then disconnect the wires from the switch.You will need a multimeter, and test across each pair of wires, locate the button, and you should have continuity with button in one position, resistance in the other. If any position reads same with button in and out, get a new switch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: