Maytag dryer...Lightbulb

Old 12-27-04, 07:20 AM
TOM-G
Visiting Guest
Angry Maytag dryer...Lightbulb

aCan someone tell me how to replace the lightbulb in a Maytag dryer ???

Old 12-27-04, 04:53 PM
Old Hawk
Visiting Guest
Just did that

Depends on the model. I just replaced the lamp in my 20+ year old Maytag as follows:

Remove two phillips screws near the bottom of the front panel. Pull out the bottom of the panel till the top unlatches from the frame. The lamp is right there in front of you.

I noticed some new models have an access cover to the lamp which can be reached inside through the open door.

Old 12-28-04, 07:34 AM
TOM-G
Visiting Guest
Smile Lightbulb

Maytag lightbulb Thank You OLD HAWK, I was not sure if the top lifted or the front came off....Will this leave the drum hanging, or is this a problem ???........Tom-G

Old 12-28-04, 10:40 PM
Old Hawk
Visiting Guest
No, it will not leave the drum hanging. It is very easy to do. When you raise up the bottom of the front panel you will reach a point where it will easily disengage at the top. Same for reinstall. There are wires going to the door switch, no need to disconnect them, just move the panel to one side. By the way, while you are in there enjoy the magnificent simplicity of design. You might want to have a vacuum cleaner hose handy to do a bit of dusting while you are in there. It would be very good to disconnect power before opening. Have a 25 or 40W appliance bulb at hand for the replacement.

My lamp went out so long ago I forgot it had one. Always busy I put off figuring out how to get to it. I had to replace the plastic impeller and woke up the Maytag Repairman to get the part and instructions. When I opened it up, there was the lamp.

Sorry appliances these Maytags, having to replace parts after only 20 something years. The washer is no better, once I had to put a new belt in it.

OH

Last edited by Old Hawk; 12-28-04 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-29-04, 06:49 AM
TOM-G
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info OLD HAWK, I'm gonna have a go at it...You are right about those MAYTAGS, they just keep on going......

Old 12-29-04, 09:53 PM
Old Hawk
Visiting Guest
Tell me how it works for you.
OH

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: