KitchenAid Dishwasher / No Water

Old 12-27-04, 08:02 PM
gkbid
Visiting Guest
KitchenAid Dishwasher / No Water

I have a KitchenAid Model KMDS24SEBLI, I think it's about 4 or 5 years old. It will heat up and cycle but it's not getting any water. The "Rinse & Dry" light on the electronic panel stays on. Pressing the "Clear" button does not reset it. I've pressed the diagnostic key sequence as outlined in the owner's manual... it appears to run through all the cycles, but when it finishes it's back to the illuminated "Rinse & Dry" light and still no water. Can anyone please advise? Does this sound like the water valve, or do you think it is more likely the control circuit board? Thank you...

Old 12-28-04, 01:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Gkbid,
-I'd try the inlet valve first, it may well have an inlet screen that is plugged or a solenoid acting up. The door switch is another possiblity, if it's not connecting , the inlet valve won't open.

Old 12-28-04, 08:41 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
nomind has hit the most common bad part, solenoid going bad. One other reason for no water flowing in is sometimes the float valve sticking. The float looks like an upside down tea cup, inside the dishwasher, on the bottom. If something, (spoon, fork, etc) has fallen under it, it will stay up and send a "full" signal shutting off the solenoid. Also sometimes the connecting rod from the float down to the switch will slip and then catch doing the same thing.

Try flipping the tea cup part up and down a couple of times and make sure it's moving freely.

Frank

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: