Ice Maker

Old 12-28-04, 08:34 AM
robk
Visiting Guest
Ice Maker

I have a Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator, and I have been having problems with the ice maker. Water does not get to the unit. I can get water through to the water dispensing unit, but not to the ice maker itself. The parts person told me that I should manually fill the unit with water and see if it cycles through. If it did, it probably is a valve problem. I did, twice, and it took it about 5 days each time to eject the cubes. They then thought it was the ice maker unit. I bought the new unit, and nothing happened. I then filled it manually, and an hour later had ice. Does this suggest a valve problem?

Thanks,
robk

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-04, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile i had same problem

take out ice maker unit.the plastic tube which slants into the ice maker is frozen up .take it out and thaw it out and reinstall and check for any other ice buildup around that area. thats what my problem was .mine was a maytag. hope this helps and [Happy New Year] im talking about the tube that carries the water to the ice maker inside the freezer and drops in into the icemaker. its either that or the water valve or the line from the valve to the ice maker.good luck

Last edited by Roeboat109; 12-31-04 at 09:29 PM.