Maytag Timer replacement

Old 12-29-04, 06:27 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Maytag Timer replacement

This time it is the timer - at least that is what the Sears man said. The machine fills but doesn't wash, rinse etc. If I put it on final spin, it spins and drains. If it is the timer. How hard a job is it to replace?

The main control board was replaced due to the R11 burnout problem. The main bearing and tub was replaced due to leakage and bearing corrosion. What a piece of junk. Oh yes, the main door gasket was replaced due to excessive mold.

Old 12-29-04, 04:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Hi CRJ,
- replacing the timer is fairly easy, take off the console cover (2 screws on top)then the knob's centre disc to expose the clip that holds it to the shaft. remove this clip with thin longnose pliers and be careful you don't lose the spring under it. Now remove the 2 mounting screws for the timer.
If this is your first time changing over lots of wires, it's a good idea to mark them or do them carefully one at a time if poss.

Old 12-30-04, 04:05 AM
C
Re Maytag timer replace

Thanks for that. How is the Langley weather today? My partnet lives in Coquitlam and I get out there as often as I can.

Originally Posted by nomind
Hi CRJ,
- replacing the timer is fairly easy, take off the console cover (2 screws on top)then the knob's centre disc to expose the clip that holds it to the shaft. remove this clip with thin longnose pliers and be careful you don't lose the spring under it. Now remove the 2 mounting screws for the timer.
If this is your first time changing over lots of wires, it's a good idea to mark them or do them carefully one at a time if poss.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: