Moved oven, now it doesn't work

Old 01-11-05, 07:59 AM
oliver57
Visiting Guest
Moved oven, now it doesn't work

I moved our kenmore mark 3 electric stove away from wall to do some sweeping and cleaning as i've done before, and when i put the stove back in its original place, the oven does not work! The stove top elements still work at least.
I have done the following checks:
*plugged and unplugged unit from wall for 5 minutes
*all fuses are in working order,original from day 1
*looked for but have not found a reset switch
*oven light still works

The stove is no less than 10 years old with no service calls performed in last 8 years. Any help will be appreciated...Oliver57

Old 01-11-05, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
oliver57, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
Disconnect the power. Check the element plug-ins. They may have jarred loose when it was moved. If that isn't it, try both bake and broil modes. If neither works, it could be one of the 30 amp fuses. If you check all these and still cannot find a cause, reply back and include the model number of your range. Kenmore is made by more than one manufacturer and this will help locate your stove. Good luck .

Old 01-13-05, 11:15 AM
oliver57
Visiting Guest
I have checked the element plug ins. The leads are fastened to wire with screws, which are just as tight as day one. I have 2x 30 amp fuses and have replaced them both. I felt that one of them may have blown judging by its appearance. So I believe everything is in good order but it still doesn't work.
The model # is C968-66090.9 and the style # is B14...The model name on the control panel is Kenmore MARK 3....
Thanks again, oliver57

Old 01-13-05, 11:33 AM
Check your clock setting. It may have gotten moved when you moved the range. It should be on manual. Next thing is checking for burnt wires (disconnect power before doing this). Next is to check the selector switch or oven control. Now we are getting into electrical checks which I am not an expert in. Good luck.

Old 01-14-05, 05:42 AM
oliver57
Visiting Guest
Thank you soooooo much Majakdragon!!! I just finished twisting and turning the clock controls and now it works!!!! The clock and related controls have not worked for some years now so I never would have guessed that they would have anything to do with this issue.
Once again, thanks so much! Your help was greatly appreciated!
Oliver57

Old 01-14-05, 05:48 AM
I am glad it worked too. I was getting worried. I knew that the control on the clock had to be in manual. The other way is just for timed baking.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: