Whirpool Dryer not working - Model # YLER4634JQ1

Old 02-01-05, 11:35 AM
PaulandSara
Visiting Guest
Whirpool Dryer not working - Model # YLER4634JQ1

I have a 3 year old Whirpool dryer model # YLER4634JQ1 that is not working. The timer will not shut off and there is no heat. The timer does not even move..it ran for 5 hours yesterday with no heat. Thanks Sara

Old 02-01-05, 09:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hi PaulandSara,
- please clarify, "-is not working. The timer will not shut off and there is no heat. The timer does not even move..it ran for 5 hours yesterday "

What ran ??

Do it Right - Do it once.

Old 02-02-05, 06:46 AM
PaulandSara
Visiting Guest
Clarification

Hello nomind

I had turned the dryer on with the timer set for 45 minutes, 5 hours later I heard the dryer still on. I went to take a look and when I opened the dryer door all you could feel was cold air and the clothes were still wet. The timer also was still set at 45 minutes.
Sara

Originally Posted by nomind
hi PaulandSara,
- please clarify, "-is not working. The timer will not shut off and there is no heat. The timer does not even move..it ran for 5 hours yesterday "

What ran ??

Old 02-02-05, 12:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi PaulandSara,
- So my first thought is the contol cct. has gone. Let's check on that model and take that further. - I believe on your model there MAY be a power resistor in the control cct. If it's there, it's located inside the console on your left looking from the back, right behind the 'Start' switch. Look for a bracket holding a black square plastic piece with a ring shaped resistor. Two wires, black and red run to it. Check this with your ohm meter. ( with power off, and wires disconnected) If open or no resistance, renew it. If that doesn't do it the timer is faulty.
Please post back and let us know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: