Kenmore Dishwasher leaking through vents

Old 02-03-05, 07:00 PM
homeboy
Visiting Guest
Kenmore Dishwasher leaking through vents

Hello,

I have a Kenmore dishwasher and about a month ago my wife, god bless her, thought that she could use regular dish soap in place of detergent since she had run out. BIG MISTAKE!! SUDS Went everywhere. I asked around and was told to put several capfulls of downy fabric softener into the machine and run it through several cycles. This apparently worked and we began using it regularly again. Now it is a month later and we have another problem; after the machine fills and the cycle starts water shoots out onto the floor through the vent at the bottom of the door. I took the inside door panel out and cleaned all of the gunk created from the soap and Downy mixture I created earlier. I started the machine again and the same thing, water everywhere. What could be the problem? I will try not to type a book next time but thought the history may be of importance. Please advise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Homeboy

Old 02-04-05, 12:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi homeboy,
- check the bottom of the doorseal very carefully, it may have come unseated or even split.

Do it Right - Do it once.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: