Sears Kenmore Washer leak (mixing valve?)

Old 02-06-05, 07:49 AM
richfisc
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Sears Kenmore Washer leak (mixing valve?)

Have a Kenmore Washer model 110 that continues to let water into the drum after completion of cycles. I suspect I have a faulty water mixing valve. Any pointers on where to start so I can get at the part to replace it? Do I need to remove the back? Thanks!

Rich

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-05, 11:58 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi richfisc,
- without knowing the model # this is speculation, but here's a quickie test. While the washer is in original 'fill' cycle' unplug it. -if water continues to come in, then the inlet solenoid valve is faulty. -Replace it. If the water stops on this test, then the fault is in the level switch or similar device that regulates water load.

Do it Right - Do it once.

Old 02-28-05, 09:20 PM
richfisc
Visiting Guest
Sears Kenmore Washer leak (mixing valve?)

Thanks for the suggestion. I unplugged the unit with the water running, and the water shut off immediately. However, it continues to leak ever so slowly after each load such that if you don't get the clothes out right after the last spin cycle, they get wet again. What should I check out next?

Kenmore Washer Model # 110.92273100.

Old 03-02-05, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hmmm. when you unplugged it, did you leave it off long enough to really see if the water had stopped? You say "leak". I have to wonder if it such a small leak the you may not be able to really tell if it has stopped. Maybe it leaked into the outter tub and did not become visible in just a miute or two. Wondering if the valve has some trash in it like rust, mineral deposits, etc. that may be intermittenly causing it not to close all the way.
By the way, are you sure it is spinning enough to sling the water out of the clothes? I guess it is since you say you can take them out right away and they seem okay.