12 year old kenmore clothes washer

Old 02-06-05, 10:33 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
12 year old kenmore clothes washer

It could be my imagination, but it looks as though the tub in my clothes washer "wiggles" from side to side inside the box more than it should. It still washes clothes good, but is there something that wears out that I should be concerned with . . . and if so, is it a difficult repair?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-05, 11:50 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Hi Don,
-Sounds as if the tub bearing is shot . Post back with the number and I'll try to find out more. Meanwhile try to wiggle the tub about to get a better idea of what I'm suggesting

Do it Right - Do it once.

Old 02-07-05, 03:21 PM
D
Nomind, thanks

Nomind, the model number is 110.91220100

The water intakes are behind the front right (if that means anything)

thanks again, Don

Old 02-08-05, 12:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Hi Don,
- it may be necessary to take the cabinet off and visually check the mountings. Remove console (two screws at front) you'll see cabinet holding clips under this, flick them off and tilt cabinet to the front, and lift of the locating tabs. Check for anything astray in the springs etc.

Do it Right - Do it once.

Old 02-08-05, 05:44 AM
D
Thumbs up Nomind, will do

Nomind, thanks. When I get home tonight from our little village's town hall meeting (I have to announce the guest speakers), I'll take a look. Again, thanks

Old 02-26-05, 08:14 AM
D
Kenmore washer model # 110.91220100

Kemore Clothes Washer model # 110.91220100, /bangsbumps when its in spin cycle. And, in general the tub is looserer than when it was new 12 years ago.

Nomind was kind enough to reply to check out the tub bearing . . . I have not done that yet . . . it's been hectic here with flu . . . I did however manage to go online and look up how to tell if the machine is a direct drive or belt driven. It appears from web info it is a direct drive.

My question: does this affect the original Nomind suggestion to check out the tub bearing.

By the way, where is the tub bearing . . .

Old 02-26-05, 08:45 AM
D
Busted spring on clothes washer

Okay, I'm being a pain about this Kenmore clothes washer (direct drive) that wiggles more than it should and bangs when it spins. I opend the back as Nomind suugested. And, on the bottom, up against the back of the base I found a 6.5 inch spring, with about 3 inches of straight spring . . . at the end of this straight part the hook has rusted off . . . any ideas where this spring would be hooked to.

Old 02-26-05, 09:07 AM
Well sorry that someone told you to go through the back on the late model direct drive washers the are easily accessible from the front.
Take the "2" screws off the front of the control panel.
Then the control panel lifts up from the front and back to a resting spot.
Then take a screwdriver and pry the spirng loaded securing clamps off that connect the back panel to the washer top these are close to the sides.

Then the whole front tilts to the front and then lifts up and can be removed.

Your spring question.

The spring is to be connected between the back panel and on the right side of the tub at the bottom you will see a yellow "minilla" colored braket that braket is where it connects to.

Hope this helps
Have a nice day.

Old 02-26-05, 09:27 AM
D
Thanks

Scottg -- thanks (I figured out purty quick that the front does come off easily!). Now I just need to find a Sears parts store near by and go buy me one.

Old 02-26-05, 09:41 AM
I use www.cashwells.com they are a good parts store here locally. They do ship all over the place.

Old 02-26-05, 10:25 AM
dontrushmedon,

Sometimes there is a miscommunication or misunderstanding between members of the Forums.We give the best information we can as we are in a "I can't see what your doing" situation. The information given by nomind was correct in that he explained how to remove the cabinet from the FRONT. Sometimes discriptions are not given correctly or not understood through no fault of our own or of the members trying to give the discriptions. This is one of the downfalls of being communicated through a box full of electronic gizmos instead of hands on. Please accept our appologies for any misunderstanding or misscommunication you may have felt.

Please use the reply button to answer the posts as it confusing to all when the answer is given in the form of a new thread. The previous question,answers,suggestions will not be contained in the new threads and therefore not as helpful.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...726#post720726

This was the first thread

Second thread
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=202815

Third thread
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=202818

Together these threads make perfect sense but seperate they are confusing.

Once again please accept our apology as these threads should have been merged as 1.
Thank You for using our Forums and please continue to do so.

Old 02-26-05, 04:18 PM
D
Smile Relax!

Nomind, Scottg et al -- I was very happy for all the information. I, of the limited cranial capacity, did NOT give all the info that was needed. I actually used Nomind's info and Scottg's . . . and, I did sovle the problem. I love this site and was gonna write you all should have a testimonial page where folks click to see all the responses of folks like me, who spent 10 minutes of actual labor, $6.49 for the part and was washing clothes 1950s motha' (I do not look good in a skirt -- my wife can attest). So. Thanks for all of your help. Thanks for the apology, none, not one iota was necessary.