whirlpool dryer leaking water????

Old 02-26-05, 10:49 AM
trips2001
Visiting Guest
whirlpool dryer leaking water????

We have a whirlpool dryer that is about 9 years old. We moved into our new house back in March of last year. The dryer stopped drying and it would take twice as long to dry clothes. Before moving though it worked fine. Anyway, I just delt with it and didn't do anything except clean the vents including the one leading outside. It still had the same problem, so I left it. I just noticed yesterday a small water stain coming from underneath the dryer and so I thought it might be the washer which it wasn't. I checked under the dryer and there is a very slow drip of water (about every 30 seconds) coming from underneath the dryer.

Does anyone have any idea about this? What should we do?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-05, 05:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi trips2001,
- I really can't imagine where this would be coming from? Sorry, but the best advice I can give is to remove the casing or back panel and try to see exactly where the drip is coming from and post back info.

Do it Right - Do it once.

Old 03-02-05, 03:09 PM
I have heard it all now! Your dryer leaks water??? Hmm, guestions I would ask myself - rain lately? possibility of rain coming in vent fron outside? Through the ceiling? Washer spinning clothes dry enough?
I think I woul dmove the dryer and run it empty or with some clothes not soggy wet. I would also check for nearby pipes or washer supply lines that may be spraying a fine stream or mist toward the dryer. Heheh, hope we are not having our legs pulled here. . Be interesting to find out what the problem turns out to be on this one. Not sure if a dryer will have that much condensation in an uninsulated room or not, if that be the case.

Old 03-02-05, 04:37 PM
The only reason I can think of for a dryer to leak water is if it is a washer/dryer combo unit. That is an ALL IN ONE unit. They are both washer and dryer. Possibly one of the hoses is dripping or possibly something is spraying water in the direction of the vent. I would pull the unit out and run it while looking for the leak. Use a flashlight and DO NOT PUT YOUR HANDS IN OR AROUND THE UNIT WHILE RUNNING. IF this is a combo unit look for the leak in both wash and dry modes.

Good luck and reply back if you have further questions.