Freezer Problem?

Old 02-28-05, 01:04 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Freezer Problem?

I bought a new home that came with a three-year old Amana Refrigerator. Everything in the freezer is frozen solid; however, the outside of every package has a very slight, wet feeling to it. The freezer door also doesn't have any suction when I open it but I also cannot feel any cold air escaping when I run my hands along the entire perimeter of the freezer. Given that everything is still frozen, do I need to worry?

Old 02-28-05, 01:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Hi Sherry,
- yes, you do need to be concerned about this. Read the thread below a few places that starts "where is defrost timer etc" That's the likely problem. If not post back after investigating .

Do it Right - Do it once.

Old 02-28-05, 02:10 PM
S
Freezer Problem?

I don't understand. I did read the post and went to the refrigerator doctor site. But my refrigerator temperature is fine and there is no frost in the freezer. Just the lightly moist feeling on the items in the freezer (which are still frozen) Did I miss something?

Old 02-28-05, 09:15 PM
G
Most but not all. Refrigerators.

The refrigerator compartment is the first to get warm.
A fan blows the cold air from the freezer into the refrigerator compartment.

Listen to the refrigerator, most normally cycle on and off about every 20 minutes.
With the exception, if its in the defrost mode which may take about 45 minutes for the refrigerator to start.

If its not cycling. you may have a problem or the door has been open to long and the refrigerator needs time to stabilize the temperature.

Get a thermometer for the Refrigerator compartment. I have the chrome dial type. about $8.00

Old 03-08-05, 06:22 AM
S
Freezer Door Popping Open

I think I saw what it happening last night to cause the moisture in the freezer. Everytime the refrigerator door is shut, the freezer door pops open and then closes. And it pops open a good two inches wide. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: