Dishwasher will not drain

Old 03-09-05, 07:46 PM
Jenn-Air?
Visiting Guest
Dishwasher will not drain

Our Jenn Air dishwasher model number DW73OB (about ten years old) will not drain.
Since not a repair expert, the more detailed the advice will be most helpful.

Situation:
-Dishwasher turns on and fills with water. The float thing, beleive it is on front left side of machine, cuts the water off and water will not drain.
-This happened last week and I turned the dial to a "drain postion"; turned on the tap water and truned on the disposal. The dishwasher started to drain. This time no luck. I imagine last week was just luck.
-Tonight I took a snake and put it into dishwashers drain hloe found in disposal. It does not seem clogged. I got it in about 4 feet and hit something solid. Pulled it out and did not notice any gunky food particles on it.
- Tried Jenn Air site, but manual is not on line. Did find info saying that the pump might be clogged. If you think this is the case, where is the pump, how do I access it and how do I clean it?

Appreciate any advice

Old 03-11-05, 01:48 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is the strainer in the floor of the dishwasher intact? If missing or broken then hard stuff can get through to mess up the pump impellor. The pump should feature steel blades to mince objects before they get that far, but I once found a wide plastic cap fitted snugly just over the blades, a perfect seal!

What does it sound like when set to drain?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: