Kenmore dryer not heating

Old 03-21-05, 11:43 AM
tld78750
Visiting Guest
Kenmore dryer not heating

I bought a used Series 90 Kenmore dryer (Model 110.66912691) about 1 month ago. The dryer vent is clear. It stopped heating and I thought it was probably the heating element but the element is ok. I have ohmed the heating circuit back to a device that looks like it is mounted close to the motor and it seems that is where I'm losing the circuit. The other devices (thermal switch, fuse, etc.) in the circuit check out ok. This device has about 6 other wires connected to it. What is this and can it be fixed? By the way, I'm trying to look at this device from the front because it doesn't seem like the back comes off easily. I appreciate any help I can get.

Old 03-25-05, 10:51 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hey,
Sounds like your centrifugal switch,it has the two biggest wires connected to it.You unplug the dryer and remove these two wires and make them electrically safe ,tape them off and remember where they go.Plug the dryer back in and check for (continuity) across the two terminals.With the two wires removed you can check for continuity because there is no voltage without the wires connected.You have to perform this test with the machine runnung.you may have to remove the drum to do this,make sure you note the way the belt goes on.hope this helps

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: