No Fabric Softner Dispensing

Old 04-30-05, 06:55 AM
oldmedic
Visiting Guest
No Fabric Softner Dispensing

I have a four year old Kenmore front loader that's hit or miss on dispensing fabric softner. I've cleaned and flushed the dispenser and the small openings in the dispenser drawer but still no great success. I can fix about anything mechanical but my biggest problem now is I can't go any further than the dispenser cause I can't get the top of the machine open. I tried the "butter knife" and putty knife under the lip without success. There are two tabs with two sheet metal screws protruding from the back of the machine just below the lid level. Will removing these allow the lid to slip up or back and disengage? Or is there an easier way to get to the dispenser drawer pumbing?

Old 04-30-05, 11:14 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
2 SCREWS IN EACH TAB REMOVE... SLIDE TOP FOWARD AND LIFT UP.... YOU CAN THEN ACCESS SOME PARTS... THE WIRE DIAGRAM IS INSIDE OF THE BOTTOM PANEL WITH TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS... NEED TO MAKE SURE TIMER IS TELLING WATER VALVE TO SEND WATER TO DISPENSER FOR THE SOFTNER SETTING....

Old 04-30-05, 02:07 PM
oldmedic
Visiting Guest
Thankyou Mr. Bambiblaster

Sounds like you have just such a machine; you nailed the discription of the two rear tabs. Plan to dive into the project tomorrow. Thankyou again. oldmedic.

Old 04-30-05, 11:58 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
nope just my job ... fixe alot of them... good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: