Kenmore Laundry Center

Old 05-05-05, 07:54 PM
equineone
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Kenmore Laundry Center

I have a Kenmore (stackable) laundry center, Model # 417.99370110
The dryer is heating but the drum is not rotating... I'm assuming it is a belt, although there was no warning... it just stopped running one morning...
My question is how to get to the inside of the dryer to see if it needs a new belt... and if it is not the belt what is the next likely problem?
Also, the washer doesn't always drain all the water... this is extremely intermittent... so I'm not sure if it's a machine problem or a human one
We are going to try to attack it this weekend so any help would be appreciated and shorten our frustration level (I hope)
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-05, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Unplug......... To Check For Belt There Is A Access Panel In Rear... If Broken... Remove Screws From Top.. Be Carefull Front May Fall Foward... Take New Blt Lift Drum Up Slightly And Lean FronT PanEl Foward A Little And Feed Blt Around Drum... Push Front Back Up While SlightlY Raising Drum.. Put Belt Over Drum On Line Where Old Belt Ran... Put Top Back On... Goto Rear And Run Blt To Right Side Of Motor.. Bend IdleR Over Same Side...

Old 05-06-05, 07:22 PM
equineone
Visiting Guest
Bambiblaster...
thanks for the answer... what's an idler arm? Will it be obvious when we open the back?
Wish us luck...we attack this tomorrow!

Old 05-07-05, 01:31 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
The Idler Arm Is Next To The Motor That Keeps The Tension On The Drum Belt... It A Flat Bar With A Flat Pulley On It...

Old 05-07-05, 07:28 PM
equineone
Visiting Guest
Thanks again! We have to wait for the part, so one more week to go!
But we have printed out your instructions and with luck it will be fairly simple!
Take good care,