Kenmore washing machine problem.. cold water hardly coming out..

Old 05-10-05, 08:47 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore washing machine problem.. cold water hardly coming out..

I have a 5 month old Kenmore King size washer. It is the regular style washer where you put the clothes in from the top. About last week the cold water started to come out less and less while filling up and while on the rinse cycle. If I choose "Warm/Warm" setting, then the water comes out pretty fast like normal and it's warm water. But when I put it on "Cold/Cold" the water hardly comes out and I can't figure out why. My cold water supply line seems to be working just fine. Also I notice when on the "Cold/Cold" setting, that the washer makes sort of a hissing sound while the water is hardly coming out, not sure if this is normal or not..

Does anybody know what could be my problem here? could it possibly be something to do with the cold water inlet on the washer being clogged or something?

Thanks!

ps. -> about a month or so ago, I had sucked up some sand through my well which went through all my cold water supply lines and I had to clean out all the screens on my faucets. But I didn't notice a decrease in cold water pressure inside the washing machine at this time.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-05, 05:56 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: squale

You're on the right track. Very likely sediment, etc in the water inlet line. Remove the hoses and check the water inlets on the machine. Will be filter screens inside those inlets. Likely to be restricted with sediment.

Also check the hoses inlets sides. Some hoses also have filter screens inside the female ends. Also check the water volume out of the faucets and through the hoses. Sediment may have built up inside the hose(s) at the lowest hanging sections. Very likely you can resolve this type problem in this fashion.

May have gotten sediment into the water inlet part. Sediment may have damage the filler of the machine. Not a very difficult part to replace nor purchase. Check the parts price and availability at the local appliance parts stores in your area.

DIY'S Appliance Parts and Accessories Shopping Center.
http://doityourself.com/store/applianceparts.shtm

Electric Appliance Parts & Repair:
Sears Home Page:
http://www.sears.com

Sears Search For Part By Model Number Page:
http://www3.sears.com

Whirlpool's Home Web Site: (Also makes appliances for Sears)
http://www.whirlpool.com

Additional Help and Suggestions:
Read some of the existing posts in this forum. In them will have additional ideas and or suggestions, along with repairs procedures, etc.

Read the manufacturers online web site for additional product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, downloadable repair and or owners manuals, which may be available online.

Search the manufacturers web site for a downloadable version of the owners or service manual. The file will be a pdf file opened with Adobe, which also needs to be downloaded first but worth having once obtained.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance part stores and parts dealers are listed in the phone book.

Check back on your question several more times. Other members posting replies in this forum topic may offer you additional advice, suggestions and or repair methods.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list of current questions automatically.

Helping Out Here Too.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.
Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 05-11-05, 08:03 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
When You Do Clean Out The Screens Run The Cold Hose Into A Bucket O Clean Out And Residue In The Lines... Also Have You Fluched Your Water Heater Lately... It Is Also Good To Do

Old 05-12-05, 09:01 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
okay I just took off the cold water line to the washer machine and there was all dirt and stuff in there, I cleaned it out and it works fine now. I just hope that dirt and stuff didn't get into the washer machine, but I think there is a little screen inside of the connection valve on the machine... I couldn't really get my finger far enough inside to tell..

Old 05-12-05, 04:29 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You Can Use A Small Screw Driver To Pry Out The Screen Thats In The Valve To Clean Then Put It Back In....