Electric Dryer plug melted, smoking, almost fire

Reply

  #1  
Old 05-12-05, 09:07 AM
mvigor
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Electric Dryer plug melted, smoking, almost fire

Hello all! My Electric Dryer's big 220 plug has given me trouble twice before and this is the third time I've ruined one. It got so hot a couple nights ago that I could smell the burning plastic from the next room and when I checked on it, it was smoking. It took an hour to cool down before I could even unplug it.

Obviously I have a problem. I plan on taking no more chances and I'll be replacing the dryer and the wiring all the way from the main fuse box.

My question is simply...

How in the world could the cord get that HOT without blowing the fuses? I thought that surely my fuse box would protect me from a fire. Why didn't it?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-12-05, 02:06 PM
mvigor
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I got replies to the same question in the Electrical forum. Thank you!
 
Reply
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: