ineffective dryer?

Old 05-12-05, 09:49 AM
jackfrost
Visiting Guest
ineffective dryer?

i bought this Kenmore dryer and Whirpool washer a couple years ago for $100. I have no idea how old they are, maybe 15-20 years old?

at any rate, over the last few months, the dryer has been less and less effective. now we have to run laundry through it three times before its dried. its kind of a pain only getting one load of laundry done a night.

i'm pretty handy, but I have no idea where to start on this one. I've read some of the posts on here about dryers, but it seems like most people have the heat go out completely. i've checked the vent tube, and its not clogged.

thanks in advance!

Old 05-12-05, 10:02 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You sure that there isnt a screen in side the drier some where. Pull the vent pipe off and run it see what kind of air you get out of it.Run a load when off the vent pipe How about inside the drier that vent tube is it clean?

ED

Old 05-12-05, 10:05 AM
jackfrost
Visiting Guest
i wasn't aware that there is a screen inside. I'll tear it open tonight and see what I see. I have tried running it with the vent tube disconnected.

Old 05-15-05, 06:27 PM
marknflorida
Visiting Guest
dryer less effective

Pull out the lint filter and make sure its clean. Secondly, remove the vent hose like the previous post stated and make sure there are no obstructions(i.e. lint). Also, make sure you dont have TOO much hose with alot of bends in it. Less hose = more efficient dryer. Lastly, where ist he dryer venting to? Outside? the Garage? Or like alot of places here in FLA they vent through the roof. If thats that case, y ou may have to go on the roof and make sure the dryer vent isnt clogged up(there is usually a screen on the inside of the vent on the roof).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: