Kenmore Dryer belt help

Old 05-15-05, 05:50 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Dryer belt help

Hi:

We have a Kenmore electric dryer that no longer spins. I opened the top and found that the thin belt in the middle of the tub is broken in half.

I can not seem to determine how to go about putting a new belt on. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Bob

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-05, 07:10 PM
marknflorida
Visiting Guest
Dryer belt

Ok, this is pretty easy if you follow me. Copy and print this if you have to.
1. UNPLUG UNIT!.
2. Remove two phillip head screws from the lint filter.
3. Take a screw driver(flat blade) or putty knife and pop the top by putting the screwdriver about two inches or so from each end of the dryer between the top and the front panel.
4. Take the top and let it fall back towards the wall.
5. On the top inside corner on each side of the front panel is a 5/16 screw. Remove it with a nut driver.
6. There are usually two - three wires connected to the front door switch, you can either remove them or leave them connected. Lift up on the door panel(Not just the door) and set it aside.
7. Remove old belt.
8. Take new belt, and loop around dryer drum groove side touching the drum.
9. On the bottom right corner, underneath the drum, you will see an idler pulley. Align the belt with the old belt marks on the drum and then make sure the idler pulley is in its grooves on the base plate. Take the slack left in the belt and pull that loop under and through the roller of the pulley. Loop the belt around the motor shaft.
10. Now, there are two guide rollers that the drum sits on at the back of the unit. Make sure that the rollers are in the groove of the drum. Have someone hold the drum while you bring around the front panel. Most kenmore dryers have slots at the bottom of the front panel that must fit onto the base plate. Make sure its seated properly. Raise the drum up slightly as you put on the panel so it fits around the door opening.
11. Reconnect wires to the door switch.
12. PUt the two 5/16 screws in each corner.
13. Put the two phillips head screws back into the lint filter.
14. TEST. If you have any problems, email me at jjones33@tampabay.rr.com
By the way this is the most common unit. However there are some kenmore dryers that may differ from this.

Old 05-16-05, 12:30 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
thank you very much. will give it a try tonight.