Not Again! GE microwave

Old 05-16-05, 04:37 PM
M
M W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not Again! GE microwave

I have a GE Spacesaver xl1800 and for the second time in a few months the turntable quits working. (yes, I checked the feature that allows you to shut it off) A few months ago I had a nice little battle with GE since the first one went out one month after warranty went out. They made me pay for the tiny motor and I had a local guy come out and put it in.

Ok, you experts....why is this thing going out? I micro coffee cups, popcorn and every once and a while a medium to small casarole dish with veggies...oh and re-heat pizza slices. What gives?

I spent extra buying what I thought was a nice appliance, but I have never had as much trouble with any cheapy I ever bought.

Please help me ...thanks
MW

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-05, 11:09 PM
marknflorida
Visiting Guest
G.E. Microwave

Its gone out again because you like many other people are finding out that G.E. appliances are junk, along with Frigidaire. Be glad you dont have the microwave that G.E. made that melted because of an ineffective design in its OTR microwave. Most appliances today come with a lousy 1 year warranty. If yours is still under warranty ***** and moan to G.E. again. If its out of warranty, you could try to replace it, but G.E. owns rights to the parts so youre going to pay one way or another. Get a tech out there to help you. Sorry but thats the way it is in manufacturing today.