Kenmore Catalyst Spin Cycle

Old 05-18-05, 06:38 AM
hollybelle
Visiting Guest
Kenmore Catalyst Washer won't spin

Help! I have a Kenmore Catalyst washing machine that is just reaching itís 5 year mark. It will agitate, but will not go to the spin cycle with clothes in the washer. HOWEVER, when there are no clothes in the dryer, then it will go to the spin cycle. Could the coupling need replaced? Iím open to suggestions.

I'm going on 2 weeks without a washer, and am starting to get tired
of taking my clothes to relatives.

Thanks,
Heather

Last edited by hollybelle; 05-20-05 at 08:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-05, 09:45 AM
hollybelle
Visiting Guest
We've had someone mention something about load balancing, could this cause the spin cycle to behave like this?

Old 05-18-05, 06:25 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You May Want To Slide It Out ,, Tip It Back And Look For A Oil Leak... Sounds Like The Clutch Is Coated With Oil And Slipping... The Gearcase Has A 10 Yr Warranty

Old 05-20-05, 08:27 AM
hollybelle
Visiting Guest
After some more trial and error, we found that the spin cycle will start with clothes in it, BUT only after we manually move the basket back and forth, and side to side by hand, and then rearranging the clothes. After the lid is shut, it seems to start. Would that be the gearcase that you mentioned?

Old 05-20-05, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
The Gearcase Will Leak Oil From The Shaft And Go Onto The Clutch Pads Which Are Inside The Chrome Disk Between The Bottom Of Tub And Gearcase.. If There Is Oil On Floor Or On The Lower Sides All Around The Cabinet The Gearcase Has Leaked... If You Call Sears For Service You Only Pay Labor For Gearcase Relacement