GE Refrig (GSS25LGM) water dispenser not working

Old 05-23-05, 10:28 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Refrig (GSS25LGM) water dispenser not working

I have GE Side-By-Side Model#GSS25LGMWW that stops dispensing water, for weeks at a time. Ice maker always works BUT periodically the water stops dispensing. Just before I called for service the first time the water began working again for about two months.
But alas, the water has stopped again.

Old 05-23-05, 05:25 PM
J
You may have 2 solonoids =1 for the icemaker and 1 for the water. Check the on for the water[in the back at the bottom of the supply tube] may be loose or on it's way out. What did the tech do when he came out?

Old 05-25-05, 07:37 PM
aaranddeeman
Visiting Guest
GE (Model GSS22WGMCWW) water dispenser/icemaker issue

I moved to this home a year ago. The existing refrigerator GE Model GSS22WGMCWW started the following problem.
1. Frosting under the icemaker tray (where ice comes out and enters dispenser)
2. Frosting at the entry point (inside the door) of dispenser.

This was OK, till yesterday, when my wife was out, the water dispenser became on automatically and it spread water all over kitchen floor till my wife came back and noticed it.

We now have shut the water valve off from the wall. I noticed that the switch or solenoid was stuck permanently. The light in the dispenser was constantly on (when water was flowing and when I shut it off). After a while the light went off and it does not turn on again no matter how may times you press the funnel. I can hear the switch clicking. I have two doubts.

1. Either the switch is gone bad or a wire got disconneced.
2. Solenoid is stuck (but then the light should come on and off which does not happen).

My only issue for which I want seek help is how to reach this area to find out what has happened. I samefrom inside of the door there are hex bolts, but I am not sure that is where I should open. Is there another easy way from front by removing the interface switch panel?

Could some one tell me how do I get access to the inside of dispenser of this GSS22WGMCWW.

Old 06-15-05, 02:39 PM
M
Water dispenser working again w/ corrective action

I removed back panel and noticed the fan housing was completely coated w/ lint, so I cleaned it off. The water dispenser resumed working immediately.

Old 06-15-05, 09:47 PM
J
The fan you cleaned has nothing to do with the water problem, It's purpose is to circulate air over the condensor coils[clean these too] under the ref, help cool the compressor and to help evaporate the moisture that forms under the ref.

This was an intermittent problem right. Meaning it happened before and fixed itself without you cleaning the fan.

"I have GE Side-By-Side Model#GSS25LGMWW that stops dispensing water, for weeks at a time. Ice maker always works BUT periodically the water stops dispensing."''

Should it happen again repost and we will see what we can do. There are a few spots to look at.

Old 08-21-08, 09:27 AM
T
GE Water dispensing not working ICE is working

Model No:GEH25SGRESS

Water stopped dispensing a couple days back ,so tried to bring down the thermostat to 0 overnight but still no luck. Ice Maker is still working , any ideas on how to get the water back?

Thanks,

Old 08-22-08, 11:10 AM
T
Motherboard relacement for GE

Model:GSH25SGRESS

Water dispensing not working so tried turning the frige off overnight but no luck, finally called GE consumer Service and they will be sending a technician next week.Apparently the motherboard with this model is faulty and is a know issued.The service will be free of cost although it has been 3 yrs plus since we bought the appliance.

I suggest call GE Consumer service right away if any issues.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: