Help...(dishwasher water problem)

Old 05-23-05, 04:58 PM
daphtd
Visiting Guest
Red face Help...(dishwasher water problem)

Hi, I'm new to this site, and hope that someone can help me. I had to put a new drain line on my dishwasher, and after doing a test the water does not come into the dishwasher, everything is hooked up correctly. The motor runs but no water comes in I don't hear the water coming either. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, esp. since I cannot at this time afford to get a repairman.

Thank you
Daphne

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-05, 06:04 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maybe you knocked a wire off the fill valve. Or it is shot. Repost in the appliance forum for more help. First make sure the door is closed and the float is not up. Yhefloat is usually in one corner of the dishwasher. Did the washer drain when you turned it on.

http://forum.doityourself.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Last edited by joneq; 05-23-05 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-24-05, 11:11 PM
marknflorida
Visiting Guest
Daphne,

Lets start with the easy parts first. You said you put a new drain line in and then the dishwasher would not fill? Make sure the water valve under the sink(hot side) is turned on. If so, then advance the timer a little forward while its on and see if you start to hear the water coming on. On most dishwashers there is a period at start that the machine actually goes through a pump out cycle to ensure there is no water left in the machine. After a few minutes the water comes in. Why did you need a new drain line? Can you tell me the brand of this dishwasher? It would help me help you if I knew more about why you put a new drain line in and whether this is a G.E., whirlpool, maytag, etc.

Mark