Kenmore Dishwasher leaks from door

Old 05-25-05, 11:52 AM
SoundLab
Visiting Guest
Kenmore Dishwasher leaks from door

Hi y'all,

I've got a Kenmore dishwasher (665.15812990, Whirlpool-built) that recently developed a leak. Taking off the toe and access panels, I observed that it is dripping water from the bottom of the door, apparently from the wire harness race. (that can't be good! )

Looking at the exploded diagram on Sears' parts web site, I can only see two places that the water could be getting through: the Detergent Dispenser Latch, or the Wet Agent Dispenser. I suppose it could also get through the Vent Screen, but that's away from the wire harness.

I've ordered the parts (~$20) so I can replace them, but I wonder if anyone here has experienced this problem and can confirm the cause of the problem.

I'll let you know how the parts swap works out for me.

Thanks!

Tom

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-05, 09:37 PM
marknflorida
Visiting Guest
kenmore dishwasher

One more thing. Check to make sure the dishwasher isnt overfilling and causing a leak as well. Sometimes a defective float switch can cause some overfilling. Locate the float switch inside the dishwasher, take off the hood, and look inside it and see if there is any built up soap scum that could allow it not to move up and down properly. Barring that, I think youre on the right track.

Mark