Ice Maker electric question

Old 05-27-05, 01:06 PM
Tryin Harder
Visiting Guest
Ice Maker electric question

I have an amana Model SSXD22S2W Mfg. No. P1190416WW. The refrigerator is about 7 years old. Temp is cold enough to make ice, and all lines are clear of ice. The shutoff bar is in position to call for ice. Water supply is good to the inlet valve. The ice maker still isn't letting water in. I have taken the ice maker out, and checked for striped gears, they're fine. I pluged it in to see if the timer motor may be bad, and it's not. As I see it, that leaves the inlet valve. Is there a way to check the inlet valves to see if they're operating properly? Can I just plug some 110 volt to the contacts to see if the valves operate?
Thanks Tryin'

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-05, 09:57 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check for continuity across the prongs on the valve after disconnecting the wires and turning off the water. Shouldn't be zero and shouldn't be too high. Maybe it is rated on the valve. see if it matches. If it does check the screens on the inlet.

As far as what I read wrong. I didn't see that he said the water was coming up to the valve meaning the solenoid was good.

Last edited by joneq; 05-27-05 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-27-05, 10:23 PM
marknflorida
Visiting Guest
icemaker question?

???? Read what wrong?

Old 05-29-05, 06:30 PM
Tryin Harder
Visiting Guest
Bad solenoid

After removing the solenoids (one for ice maker and one for water in door), I found a "bulge" in the solenoid that went to the ice maker. Assuming that was the one that was bad, I checked the solenoids, and found that the one to the ice maker WAS bad, and replaced it. Tests fine as of now, and predict that it will solve the problem. (Away for the weekend, and will replace when I return.
Tryin harder.