Maytag dishwasher

Old 06-07-05, 03:53 PM
PeterPan
Visiting Guest
Maytag dishwasher

I am a new here and I ask for help.

I have a Maytag quiet series 300 dishwasher.
The water is not entering the machine.
I have already changed the valve, which I purchased from Maytag.

Can that be a motor?

When dishwasher stop working I start looking for problems. First I check all the parts, and then I check if there is water coming to the washer and there was the problem.
The valve in the basement providing water for the dishwasher was not working; the washer in the valve was all the way up blocking water access to the dishwasher.
My first thought was it is burned valve and I have to change it. So I did and washer still does not work.

Any ideas how I can solve this problem?

Greetings,

Pete

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-05, 10:19 PM
marknflorida
Visiting Guest
Maytag Dishwasher

Ok, so you replaced the valve, but the thing you shouldve checked first was the float switch. On dishwashers there is a switch that will cut off the water supply once it has gotten to a certian level. This is accomplished by a float switch. Inside your dishwasher is a round white float. As the water fills up the float switch rises and at a certian level it enables a switch to close and cutting off the water supply. First lift the round piece of plastic up and remove it. Check for soap scum inside hampering the movement of this up and down. If thats ok, then take of the toe panel and locate the switch. Its usually a microswitch directly underneath the float. Get a continuity tester and open and close the switch. If it is faulty in either direction, replace the switch.

Mark

Old 06-08-05, 11:15 AM
PeterPan
Visiting Guest
Thanks Mark,

I will try that.

Pete