Problems with Kenmore Ultra Wash 3 Dishwasher model #665.1677993

Old 06-12-05, 08:17 PM
pcmarc
Visiting Guest
Problems with Kenmore Ultra Wash 3 Dishwasher model #665.1677993

To Whom It May Concern,

My dishwasher was working fine yesterday. Now when I turn the know to place it on wash it just doesn't run. All of the necessary options are already set so I know it is not that. I don't know why it is not running, can someone please offer suggestions. The model # is 665.1677993, Ultra Wash 3 Dishwasher. Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You.

Old 06-13-05, 07:09 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I assume you checked the circuit breaker or fuse. How does the door latch feel =normal

Old 06-13-05, 10:45 AM
pcmarc
Visiting Guest
Problems with Kenmore Ultra Wash 3

How do I check the circuit breaker or fuse?

Old 06-13-05, 11:05 AM
J
the circuit breakers in the electrical panel. You know like when the lights go out in the house you need to flip the breaker or the fuse in the utility room or garage or something. You need to make sure there is electricity to the DW. Do any lights come on the dw or is it comepletely dead. If you don't know which CB'er it is you can turn all of then off, then on ,but it will screw up the tv's and vcrs you will have to re program them. Sometimes it is labeled on the electrical panel which one is which. You could also see if you could remove the bottom plate and look for the incoming cable and test it there. It's a good Idea to turn off the circuit breaker then

Old 06-13-05, 01:13 PM
pcmarc
Visiting Guest
Problems with Kenmore Ultra Wash 3 Dishwasher

I checked the circuit breaker, and I found the one labeled for the dishwasher and turned it off and on. Unfortunately, that didn't work, do you have another suggestion, I turned the dial all the way around, and you can see a faded light which comes on to let you know that the dishes are clean. That is all I see, when I turn the dial to normal wash, nothing happens. Please offer more suggestions.

Thank You

Old 06-13-05, 03:28 PM
J
I would next look at the door switch. All the electricity to the machine goes through the door switch. It won't work if the switch is bad. I am not an expert on dishwashers so I can only tell you what I would do, and I would make sure the switch was working properly. Just because it locks doesn't mean it is working. there may be more than one switch. Can't find anything on that model#.

Old 06-13-05, 10:55 PM
pcmarc
Visiting Guest
Problems with Kenmore Ultra Wash 3 Dishwasher

How would I go about checking the door switch to see if it is functioning properly?

Thank You

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: