Whirlpool Icemaker Problem

Old 06-18-05, 02:01 AM
AlaskaJoe
Visiting Guest
Whirlpool Icemaker Problem

The icemaker on my Whirlpool Conquest (GD25DIXHTOO) has stopped working. If I pour water into the well where the cubes are formed ice is made and the cubes are kicked into the bin. But then I hear the hum as more water is called for, but nothing makes it into the well. The water pressure to the fridge is adequate (the water dispenser works fine), and I checked/cleaned the mesh screen in the water line.

Does the fact that I hear the unit calling for water mean the inlet valve is OK? It hums for about 5-10 seconds each time it calls for water.

Is it possible that the line is frozen up, and if so how would I check that that's the problem? If that's the problem what's the most efficient way to deal with it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks from the lad of the midnight sun (which is keeping me awake as I type this at 1AM....).

Old 06-18-05, 07:58 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you don't see any ice where the water exits the back of the icemaker to fill the tray, check the fill valve for continuity it shoud show continuity. I think I would just swith the wires on the fill valve and see what happened if I got water to the ice tray and no water at the water dispenser It is the valve so change it. I don't think the icemaker would overfill but be ready just in case to pull the plug.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: