Kenmore refrigerator is warm

Old 07-15-05, 06:27 AM
apozner
Visiting Guest
Kenmore refrigerator is warm

I have a fairly recent Kenmore with a bottom freezer.

The freezer appears to be cooling but the refrigrerator section is warm. I noticed it last night and checked both thermostats to ensure that they were at reasonable settings. (Once before the freezer thermostat had been accidently turned off causing the whole unit to stop cooling). They looked OK but I put them to moderate settings and went to bed.

This morning my wife reports that the refrigerator section is warm. We are leaving tomorrow for vacation.

Any suggestions on what to check?

The model number is 59662232200

Thank you
Art

Old 07-15-05, 08:51 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
when the compressor comes on see if the fan is blowing in the freezer. you should feel a cold breeze in the freezer.Is the freezer as cold as it should be.

Old 08-14-08, 10:01 PM
W
try this solution

just called in a sears technician 150 dollar bill that was an easy fix. he says my bottom freezer kenmore fridge with warm fridge problem was due to the pathway being blocked by ice and garbage which is common with these fridges. he took off cover from the fridge bottom and poured boiling water down to the freezer. try that before you replace any parts or call in a tech. next time im getting a top freezer because the blower is on the top not in the middle with the bottom freezers and thus more problem prone.

Old 08-15-08, 11:05 AM
H
Your problem could be several things, but the most common would be the freezer fan has quit, the automatic defrost has not been working, and the freezer coils are frosted over, and the fan can't circulate cold air into the refrigerator section. Check to see if the fan is running, when the compressor runs, and if that is working, check behind that panel inside the back wall of the freezer section to see if there is light frost there, or lots of frost.

Himeros

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: