kitchen aid washing machine not draining

Old 07-19-05, 08:08 PM
Luluzinha
Visiting Guest
kitchen aid washing machine not draining

Hi, I have a Kitchen Aid washing machine. Model # KAWS700JQ0
It was bought in 2001, it's agitates but when is time to drain, it's stop. I'm not sure if spinning not working either. I checked the hose that connects to the machine to outside if it's clogged, but it's seems fine. Please give me some ideas, it's seems that I need special tools to disabled to back part of the washer. Where would be the first step to start to checking the problem
Thank you in advance. Lulu

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-05, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lulu

Sounds Like You Have A Bad Lid Switch..... To Test It Unplug.. Remove 2 Screws Bottom Corners Of Console... Flip Console Up And Over.. In Center Of Top There Is A Harness Connector Unplug... The Connector On The Top 2 Outside Wires Shld Have Continuity With Lid Down... If Not It Is Bad

Old 07-27-05, 07:15 PM
Luluzinha
Visiting Guest
Kitchen Aid Washer Not Draining

Please help me!
I have a 4-year-old Kitchen Aid washer . Model# KAWS700JQ0.
It fills water, agitates, but when is time to drain the machine stops completely. Since is not draining, i couldn't tell you if not spinning as well, but I've tried to turned knob on spin and doesnt do anything either. I checked the house that connects from the back of the washer to outside for blockage, eveything is ok. I remebering couple months ago have seeing coin in the bottom of the washer, but couldn't picked up, it went under, the washer continues working fine til now... My question is where should I start pint-point where's wrong, where should i start disasembling first, what am i looking for? do i need special tools? Thank you in advance!
Lulu

Old 07-28-05, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lulu

The Problems You Are Descibing Sonds Like Your Lid Switch... Ou Can Open Console By Removing The 2 Console Screws In The Front Lower Corners ... Pull Console Out And Roll Over.. Center Of Top At The Rear Is A Harness Connector... Unplug It... Take A Volt Meter And Ckeck For Contnuity At The 2 Outside Wires Of He Connector On The Top.... Wih Lid Down There Shld Be Continuity Lid Up None...