Microwave--2.2 cu. ft or 1.6 cu. ft

Old 08-06-05, 06:01 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Microwave--2.2 cu. ft or 1.6 cu. ft

After much obsessing I have narrowed down my choices to 2 microwaves that are essentially the same other than the capacity. I have read that the larger ones woek better, but have never seen any reaoning on this. If these two are pretty much equal other than size, and the cost is about the same, is there a reason to get one or the other?

Old 08-07-05, 10:50 AM
J
If they both have the same features and the same wattage why would you want to get the smaller one. I assume they both fit where you want to put it. The larger the MW usually the higher the wattage meaning they cook faster. If they are identical in all respects one will not outperform the other[theoretically]. A smaller MW with a smaller magnetron will cook slower than a larger MW with a bigger mag.

Old 08-07-05, 11:22 AM
E
Actually the wattage is the same, and all features are the same except for the capacity. I just didn't know if there was a reason to go for the smaller if we normally are doing only one dish at a time or if we are just as well of with the larger one..

Old 08-07-05, 11:39 AM
J
I would rather have the extra room and not use it,than not have it and need it,or something like that.

Old 08-07-05, 11:42 AM
E
A new wrinkle-

We have just discovered the manual for this microwave says it is for countertop use only and not meant to be used as a built-in. Does this mean that we can not get a custom trim kit and use it that way?

Now I'm annoyed--I finally made a decision after much obsessing, and I have to start over. Bummer

Last edited by ericbro; 08-08-05 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-08-05, 05:32 AM
J
Call up customer service today and ask them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: