Frigidaire Oven Question

Old 09-29-05, 10:39 AM
schweitzerp
Visiting Guest
Frigidaire Oven Question

I am hoping someone can shed some light on a problem my wife and I are having with our brand new Frigidaire electric oven. We are now on our 4th control panel and 2nd oven and all have had the same problem. The oven works perfectly until 450. At 455, the oven suddenly becomes 50 degress off. For example, if you preheat the oven to 450 and turn it to 475, the preheat light will not come on and the temperature inside the oven will actually go down to 425. This happens consistently at every temperature about 450.

The amazing thing is that my brother has a similar Frigidaire that is 2 years older and IT DOES THE EXACT SAME THING!!! Therefore, I doubt it is any kind of problem with the wiring in our house. Is it possible that all similar Frigidaire's have this problem and that no one has bother to check the temperature about 450?

We are totally stumped.

Old 09-29-05, 05:06 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire oven

I gotta ask. Not to be smart, but just curious. What are you baking in your oven that requires a temp. over 450? Are you replacing the boards on your stove or a service tech? Not sure about your model stove but some have a seperate sensor sticking out through the back oven wall to sense the temp.
and tell the board to turn the element off. I'm sure these newer electronic stoves are more accurate temp. wise but I was always told ovens could vary temp. wise by + or - 50 degrees. Dave

Old 09-30-05, 06:35 AM
Has anyone contacted Frigidaire? This sounds like it could be a software bug in the control board. It also could be some sort of "normal" safety thing built into the program. But the manufacturer should be able to explain.

Old 09-30-05, 08:20 AM
schweitzerp
Visiting Guest
Good question about what we bake over 450. I guess, not much, but what we are frustrated with is the following:
1. If we heat to 475 on our oven, it actually only achieve 425.
2. We tested other people's ovens from other manufacturers and theirs does not have this problem.
3. Frigidaire claims the oven goes to 550, but with the 50 degree off issue, we only achieve 500.
4. We have called Frigidaire and they say that they have never hear of this issue.

By the way, we have a Frigidaire ES300 Control Self Cleaning oven with ceramic coooktop.

Old 10-01-05, 08:42 AM
Neilt
Visiting Guest
What are you using to test the temperature? Unless you are using a service thermometer, it's hard to know how far out the temperature is. These things are pretty expensive, but very accurate. Maybe you could borrow one??
Has the temperature sensor been replaced?

Old 10-05-05, 05:17 AM
schweitzerp
Visiting Guest
When the repairman was out, our thermometer matched his perfectly. In addition, what happens is that when the oven is at 450 and you turn the oven up to 455 or 460 or anything above 450, then oven incorrectly senses that it is already at that temperature and does nothing until the actual oven temperature has dropped 50 degrees to 405. Then the oven light will come on and the oven will remain at 405.

In other words, to cook at 405 degrees, you can either set the oven at 405 or at 455--they both achieve the same actual temperature.

Old 10-05-05, 07:25 AM
D
Frigidaire oven

What did the repairman do to correct the problem then? Is that when he replaced the control board? If so, I would hope he tested the oven again with his thermometer with the new board in. Same problem, something else wrong. If your repairman & Frigidaire can't figure this problem out I would go to the store you bought it from & plead my case for a replacement if its still under warranty. Dave

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: