Kenmore 82980110 washer will not drain or spin.

Old 10-10-05, 06:06 PM
DisneyFan
Visiting Guest
Kenmore 82980110 washer will not drain or spin.

The washer was working fine but now it will not drain or spin. It will fill, agitate but as soon as the drain/spin cycle starts the machine just stops. I do not hear any sounds like a motor spinning or anything. Are these two things related? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance to all who answer.

Old 10-10-05, 06:30 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Washer

I would check the lid switch. They are held in place with 2 screws & I've seen them vibrate loose & just hang on the inside of the washer. You should hear a slight clicking noise when you open & close the lid. There is a tab that sticks down on the inside right of the washer lid that pushes down on a switch when you close the lid. With the lid up, push a pen or screwdriver about a half inch down on the switch. You should hear it click. If nothing seems to be there, the switch fell off. You'll have to remove cabinet shell to re-mount switch. Dave

Old 10-10-05, 06:35 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you should check the lid switch. See if this page helps.

http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/appli...diagwasher.php

scroll down to washer will not spin and click lid switch. Hope it is like yours. You gave no model #. If it is not like yours you still need to check it as dead in spin cycle is symptomatic of the lid switch. You could try to push the switch down with the lid open and the washer in spin cycle. sometimes the lid does not push it down enough.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: