Whirlpool Washer Lint Problems

Old 10-25-05, 04:18 PM
toadflax
Visiting Guest
Angry Whirlpool Washer Lint Problems

Hi,

We are having a continuing issue with our top-loading Whirlpool washer (model 6LBR5132EQO) putting lint all over our clothes during washing. I suspect lint must be collecting somewhere and then being deposited on later loads, because we've had blue lint on a load of whites-only. The lint on the clothing is sometimes in a "dot" pattern which matches the drain holes on the inner washer tub. More usually it just seems to be spread around. We don't have a dryer, so can't use that as a means of removing the lint.

The machine doesn't have a lint filter to empty, as it's supposed to be automatic. We've tried the suggestions of cleaning the inside of the machine and running some empty loads with vinegar as suggested in the user guide. I also opened up the top of the machine to take a look but couldn't see anything obvious. I called a repair place, but was quoted a call-out fee plus a rate for every 15 minutes. Since I don't know how long it might take to fix and thus whether the repair bill might make it more sensible to buy a new machine, I'm keen to do what I can myself, especially if it is just a question of cleaning.

Can anyone help? Perhaps a step-by-step outline of what I need to remove and where to look for the lurking lint? I could have a go over the weekend when I have some time and report back. I'd really appreciate it, as it's getting rather tiresome (and wasteful) having to wash many of our clothes twice.

Thanks very much,
Michelle

Last edited by toadflax; 10-25-05 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Typos
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-05, 05:05 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
need to remove 2 srews in rear corners of console... flip console out up and over... disconnect harness wires from top of cabinet.. remove clips both corners... tip cabinet foward and pull whole away... remove cap on agitator... remove stud in center... pull up agitator to remove... unclip splash ring on top of tube and lay beside... remove odd looking spanner nut on center shaft... pull out basket... lip over basket there is the lint filter you can clean or replace......

Old 11-01-05, 09:34 PM
toadflax
Visiting Guest
Hi again,

Well, we got as far as "remove stud in center.." and discovered we'll need some sort of extension to undo the bolt from the centre of the agitator. Hopefully I'll be able to find one this weekend and have another go.

Thanks very much,
Michelle