GE Dishwasher will not pump out water

Old 11-01-05, 03:20 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Dishwasher will not pump out water

This is a 3 year old GE Dishwasher that will not drain water from the bottom. The water rests just above the heated dry.

GE Model # GSD3200G00BB

I checked the wiring in the door and all seams normal. When I turn the dial slowly, I can hear relays firing but nothing happens.

If I manually remove some of the water from the bottom and turn the dial, I can hear more water spraying into the tub. Once it fills, nothing more happens and the unit shuts off.

I checked the cage at the bottom and it does not seem to be clogged. Unplugged and replugged in the unit and checked the breaker.

Checked the drain that the dishwasher is supposed to empty into and it drains normally.

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks,

Aaron

Old 11-01-05, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
To The Left Ofthe Motor Is A Drain Solinoid... Watch As Ou Tun Knob Slowly To The Drain Cycle.. If It Pulls Rod Down And Motor Runs You May Have A Drain Hose Clogg... From There To The Sink...

Old 11-01-05, 05:32 PM
A
Thank you for responding. I have a question.

Do I pull the dishwasher out from the counter to view the rod? I did not see anything in the dishwasher itself.

Thanks again,

Aaron

Old 11-02-05, 06:02 AM
P
Originally Posted by ahavis
Do I pull the dishwasher out from the counter to view the rod? I did not see anything in the dishwasher itself.
I have an older G.E. model with the solenoid is underneath. I have to remove the bottom trim and use a light and mirror to see it. No need to pull the whole thing out in my case.

Old 11-04-05, 03:08 PM
shootpassscore
Visiting Guest
Same Problem

Hey Buddy ...I have the exact same problem as you. I had a service man in about a month ago and he replaced the drain pump. That seemed to fix the problem. But then suddenly it started again, just as you described. If I find the solution, I'll let you know, and maybe you can do the same.

Old 11-04-05, 05:27 PM
A
Smile Fixed

All,

I actually fixed the problem today!!! I ordered the Pump and Motor from a guy on Ebay. Recieved the unit today and replaced the existing pump/motor. Working great now!

Steps:

1. Did a search for my model at www.GE.com. Checked for replacement parts and found the model number. ($167.00 delivered is what GE wanted)

2. Went to ebay.com and searched for the model number. Found a guy selling the exact same one, brand new, for $59.99.

3. Ordered the unit and went through the steps to replace it today. Working just like it did before it broke.

Hope this helps someone. Thanks for all of the advice! This forum is awesome.

Aaron

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: