Dishwasher sprays food on dishes

Old 11-05-05, 07:28 PM
torirose1
Visiting Guest
Dishwasher sprays food on dishes

I have a GE dishwasher and I never had any problems with it before (it is only 2 years old) and recently it seems like food is being sprayed on all the dishes. So I started rinsing the dishes, however it is still spraying food on the dishes. my dishwasher runs great otherwise. It is attached to my disposal which I also cleaned so I am not sure were the food it coming from. I have checked for a clogged pipe but it all looks good. Any Help!! Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-05, 05:25 PM
Dishwasher

Sounds like your disposal is forcing the food you grind up back through the drain line of your dishwasher. I'm not sure, but I would guess there is some sort of check valve on your disposal where the drain line from the dishwasher goes. Pull the dishwasher drain off & see if the check valve is stuck open. If not, or if no check valve at all, you can buy inline check valves at your local plumbing store. Splice it into your dishwasher drain line. Also, make sure the drain line has a loop as high as the top of your dishwasher to prevent drain water to re-enter after the pump-out cycle. Dave