Amana refrigerator thermostat-how to access?

Old 11-23-05, 07:18 PM
sandri72
Visiting Guest
Question Amana refrigerator thermostat-how to access?

Hi- I've got an Amana refrigerator (freezer on top) model TR21VW that doesn't turn on or off automatically. I can turn it on/off by sliding the freezer slide control manually. I think the thermostat is the culprit, but i don't know how to get to it. How do i access the inner part of the fridge where it is located? Freezer slide control is located on my right in fridge underneath the freezer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
sandri72

Old 11-24-05, 05:20 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old 11-24-05, 05:27 PM
D
Amana fridge

I looked your model up & it looks like a few screws go up through the whole assembly that has both knobs on. Once you get them out you can lower it all to get at the thermostat. Replacement thermostat is part # R9700006. Dave

Old 11-25-05, 06:15 PM
sandri72
Visiting Guest
Amana refrigerator thermostat-how to access?

Originally Posted by dave6466
I looked your model up & it looks like a few screws go up through the whole assembly that has both knobs on. Once you get them out you can lower it all to get at the thermostat. Replacement thermostat is part # R9700006. Dave

Thanks! Guess this'll be my project this weekend. I appreciate your help! I know where to come if i've got more questions.
sandri 72

Old 11-25-05, 06:27 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Does the slide control have the word "off" on it, or "0". IF it doesn't, how do you know that is your main control, and not simply the refrigerator to freezer baffle which just diverts the cold air.

And did you know that if you DO have a thermostat problem , that on many, there is a teeny slotted-style adjustment screw that is an eyeglasses like screw up there were you can adjust, and they will have in fine print, "colder" (with an arrow showing which way to turn the screw.)

Old 11-25-05, 07:32 PM
D
Amana thermostat

If you can turn your refrigerator on & off with the control you are turning you have the thermostat. The freezer baffle control won't make the compressor come on. It regulates how much air is moved from the freezer to fresh food side. As far as playing around with the adjustment screw, there's a reason the thermostat isn't regulating the temp., sensor is probably bad. You might get it to work but won't be accurate. When you get to the thermostat you should see a fairly long line coming off it that mounts somewhere on the top of your fresh food section that senses the temp.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: