Whirlpool washer lid switch replacement help needed

Old 12-10-05, 05:05 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool washer lid switch replacement help needed

I've got a Whirlpool direct-drive washer, model LSR7233EQ0, that I need to replace the lid switch. Any ideas how I go about removing the top of the washer to do this? I can shine a flashlight in there, and it's definitely screwed on, looks like I need to remove the tub first?

Thought I'd better ask before I screw something up! Thanks for any help!

Old 12-10-05, 05:54 PM
N
Got it. Take the panel off, pop the spring clips, and tilt the cabinet toward you.

Old 12-10-05, 05:57 PM
Hope this helps you. good luck.

Old 12-10-05, 06:14 PM
N
It wasn't the lid switch

Well, replacing the lid switch didn't help my problem. After agitating, you can hear the drive unit working, but it won't go into spin mode unless you lift the lid, then set it back down. If you let it agitate with the lid up so it stops once it gets to the spin mode, once I let down the lid it's the same thing - as soon as it's closed, it freewheels. Then lift the lid, set it down, and it catches and spins.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is doing this? Makes doing the laundry kind of a pain in the butt.

Old 12-11-05, 10:51 AM
D
Whirlpool

Just to be sure its not still something like bad contacts in the lid switch you can try a simple test. Take the control console off the washer, pull the plug for the lid switch & put a jumper wire on the 2 outside terminals of the plug. I'm referring to the top plug with the wires going into it. This will bypass the lid switch. Try the washer then. If same problem, its not the lid switch. The next thing I would look at is the coupler between the motor & tranny. Take the shell off the washer, remove the pump, remove the motor to get to the coupler. Everything is held on by clips. Pretty easy to get to. The coupler has 3 ears on both halves that go into a rubber insert. See if ears are broke off or rubber is rounded out. Dave

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: