GE fridge door water problem

Old 12-23-05, 08:18 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE fridge water dispenser problem

My ice maker works fine, but no water out of door. GE just over a year old, so of course it's out of warranty. I just changed the water filter today~~no change. There is a clicking sound coming from the back of the unit when I hit the paddle for water, but no water. Everything else is fine.

Last edited by igneous; 12-23-05 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-24-05, 04:28 AM
I
Sure sounds dispense solenoid valve is bad or plugged. You might check the tube coming from the dispense solenoid to see if water is present.

Larry

Old 12-24-05, 11:25 AM
I
Ok, where would that solenoid valve be located? The line runs under the front kickplate and up into the left door. There's a compression fitting accessible, so I could disconnect and blow air thru it...just not sure it that would do anything. Thanks for the help! ;^)

Old 12-26-05, 08:54 AM
I
I took off the bottom back plate and cleaned off the fins, and when the water dispenser was turned on, the water valves hummed. How can I check to see if solenoid is working? Is it in the door behind the dispenser? C'mon experts...
give me some help here...the city water here is bad!!

Last edited by igneous; 12-27-05 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-27-05, 08:32 PM
I
buuummmppp

Old 12-28-05, 04:03 PM
D
GE fridge

In the back where you took the bottom cover off you should see the water valve where the supply line connects to. Bottom right. Its probably a dual valve, one side for water, the other for icemaker. Remove the line coming off the valve that goes to the water dispenser. (If you can tell which one it is).
If not, take the line off both valves for a quick test. Have a towel handy to soak up the little bit of water that should come out of one of the valves when you push in on the water dispenser. If valve hums & no water, valve is bad. If you get water, there's another problem. Dave

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: