Whirlpool electric range

Old 12-31-05, 01:52 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool electric range

I have a Whirlpool electric range that will not heat up. The four burners on top will not get hot, the light that says there is power to them lights up the burners won't heat up. The oven will not get hot either, the light that says the oven is on does not light up. The oven light inside the oven works quite well. It appears I have 110 to the lights on the range but something died on thr 220 volt side. Does anyone have an idea what control or relay could have died and where it is? Any help is appreciated, Thanks Guys

Old 12-31-05, 07:08 PM
D
Whirlpool range

Do you have 220 at the recepticle? Is the electric panel breakers or fuses?
Check breaker & try turning it off & back on. Take cover off recepticle & check wires. I have seen a wire burn off due to a loose connection. Dave

Old 12-31-05, 10:34 PM
J
I had already flipped the breaker off and back on again, I will pull the range out and see if I have 110 on both sides of the receptacle. I have a hunch it is something in the back of the range that just burnt out. Thanks Dave

Old 01-01-06, 10:14 AM
J
I had a similar problem 35 years ago when my oven went out in my GE range. A service tech came out, I had to pay him in advance, he took off a back panel, changed an electrical part and presto the oven worked. But I did not lose the entire range all at one time. I pulled out the range this morning to check if I had 110 on both legs of the circuit. What I found was really embarrassing, somehow the plug had come almost out of the receptacle. Maybe it was not in very tight and when the bottom drawer was pulled in and out, the drawer rubbed the cord and slowly worked it out of the receptacle. That was a dumb problem but a simple fix.

Old 05-01-07, 11:34 AM
I
Unhappy Need Help also

I have a Whirlpool's Electric Range, and one of the bigger coils on the oventop has stopped heating, although when turned on, the light on the top comes on, showing that a coil is in use. After cleaning the electrodes and reseating it several times, its still a no go. I am beginning to wonder if it has a bad fuse/relay. Does anyone know where those are located?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: